Freeman Students Make the Most of Life’s Opportunities
The Freeman Career Management Center provides comprehensive career services to Tulane business majors in all levels of their academic career. From first day of class to graduation and beyond, the Freeman Career Management Center is here for your students. Our Career Guide for Parents is a great resource to allow you to identify ways you can assist your student while they are at Tulane University. In addition the Career Guide for Parents will provide some questions for you to engage your student while they are making their career decisions.
Our overall goal is to help students prepare for a lifetime of career planning. There is no perfect career or one job that will carry students for the rest of their lives so we hope to provide them the skills and tools that will help them make transitions from new college graduate entering the workforce to a seasoned professional making an impact on their chosen profession. The Career Management Center facilitates some of this learning through the Sophomore level class Career Development and Management (CDMA) which is a required course for graduation from the Freeman School of Business..
We believe there is no time like the present for students to start considering their career plan. We provide the ability for students to schedule one-on-one consultation with a CMC Career Consultant who will help them identify strengths and weaknesses which will impact their career search process. Our Career Consultants also challenge students to make time for their own career planning and become an active participant in the process.
In addition we provide this range of career related services:
- Access to CareerLeader Undergraduate, a self-assessment used by hundreds of business school across the world to help students identify their career aspirations
- In depth career investigation and exploration
- Interview preparation including guidance on behavioral, case and technical interview situations
- Practice or Mock Interviews to challenge students in a semi-real environment
- Assistance with tapping into the vast collection of Tulane alumni and parents for professional network building
- Advisement on career related documents such as Resumes and Cover Letters
- Planning for transitioning from college student to working professional
- Graduate school advice, guidance and document preparation