Experiential Learning Opportunities
The MFIN curriculum focuses on experiential learning classes. Our classes put you in the shoes of a fundamental financial analyst. Some examples are:
- Freeman Reports class: Create a sell side analyst report for a real energy or financial company.
- Darwin Fenner Student Managed Fund class: Manage a mid-cap or small cap equity portfolio of endowment money.
- Trading: Experience being an energy trader or a financial firm trader using industry software.
- Financial Analysis Lab: Utilize our 24 hour Financial Analysis Lab to master the use of Bloomberg terminals.
- Financial Modeling: Many courses will have you build financial models which you can show to prospective employers.
- Business Cases: Case classes put you in the role of a financial professional facing a real decision.
- Financial Communication: Gain the skills required to communicate financial data and models to non-financial business professionals.
- 18 month option: Gives you the time to do a summer internship before graduating.