Han Jiang teaches strategic management in the undergraduate program. He comes to the Freeman School from University of Arizona, where he served as an assistant professor in management. His research focuses on social network and interorganizational relationships (e.g., managerial networks, board interlocks, alliances, mergers and acquisitions, etc.), corporate governance and strategic leadership, and entrepreneurship. In particular, he is interested in the decisions and actions of business elites in adverse situations (e.g., scandals, organizational decline, political shocks, etc.). His work has appeared in Academy of Management Journal, Strategic Management Journal, Journal of Management, Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice, among other academic outlets. Prior to embarking on his scholarly career, Han worked as a management consultant, delivering projects for clients across multiple industries. Jiang received his doctorate degree in business administration from Arizona State University and a master’s degree in business management from Tsinghua University in Beijing.
- Jiang, H., Xia, J., Devers, C., & Shen, W. 2020. Boarding the Sinking Ship: A Firm-Director Interdependence Framework of Mutual Selection between Declining Firms and Director Candidates. Academy of Management Journal, in press.
- Jiang, H.*, Wang, Z.*, Yang, L.*, Shen, J., & Hahn, J., 2020. How rewarding are your rewards? A value-based view of crowdfunding rewards and crowdfunding performance. Entrepreneurship: Theory & Practice, in press.
- Zhang, J.*, Jiang, H.*, Wu, R., & Li, J. 2019. Reconciling the Dilemma of Knowledge Sharing: A Network Pluralism Perspective of Firms’ R&D Alliance Networks and Innovation Performance. Journal of Management, 45(7):2635-2665.
- Jiang, H., Cannella, A.A., Xia, J., & Xiao, T. 2018. Do Ongoing Networks Block out New Friends? Reconciling the Dilemma between Resource Dependence and Network Embeddedness. Strategic Management Journal, 39(1): 217-241.
- Jiang, H., Cannella, A.A., & Jiao, J. 2018. Does Desperation Breed Deception? A Behavioral Model of Venture Opportunism. Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice, 42(5): 769-796.
- Jiang, H., Xia, J., Cannella, A.A, & Semadeni, M. 2017. Choose to Fight or Choose to Flee: A Social Embeddedness Perspective of Executive Ship Jumping in Declining Firms. Strategic Management Journal, 38(10): 2061-2079.
- Xia, J., Dawley, D., Jiang, H., Ma, R., & Boal, K. 2016. Resolving a Dilemma of Signaling Bankrupt-Firm Emergence: A Dynamic Integrative View. Strategic Management Journal, 37(8): 1754-1764.
- Carpenter, M.A.*, Li, M.*, & Jiang, H.* 2012. Social Network Research in Organizational Contexts: A Systematic Review of Methodological Issues and Choices. Journal of Management, 38(4): 1328-1361.
Education & Affiliations
- Ph.D 2014 Arizona State University
- M.Phil 2009 Tsinghua University (Beijing, China)