This seminar abroad brings a global depth to the program, giving students firsthand knowledge of global business and management practices. We handle all reservations, transportation, accommodations, and logistics for the seminar.
The international business seminar focuses on the strategic and operational issues of doing business abroad.
Today's markets and their economic interdependence demand that managers understand global strategic imperatives. This essential management knowledge makes this international business experience a critical and required component of the EMBA curriculum.
During the international seminar:
- Students explore the economic, technological, and political environments that influence global business initiatives and discover global business opportunities specific to the host country.
- Students develop a keen understanding of global business challenges and management strategies for meeting those challenges.
- Students gain firsthand knowledge of global business culture and practice through face-to-face interaction with international business leaders.
- Students learn the specific challenges these companies face and the strategies employed to meet these challenges.
- Students often work directly with these global companies to solve real business problems.
For the seminar, we handle all academic and logistical planning, including airfare, ground transportation, logistics, accommodations, group meals, and company visits. These seminar costs are included in the total program cost. The only additional costs would include individual meals outside of the structured schedule and personal expenses.
The seminar destination is usually determined the fall before graduation. Recent seminars were held in Madrid, Moscow, Paris, and Cape Town, presenting students distinct and culturally unique business environments.
- to understand global strategic imperatives for the 21st century and beyond,
- to open a discussion of the economic, technological, and political environments which influence global business initiatives,
- to provide information about global business opportunities specific to the host country,
- to better understand the challenges faced by business in the host country,
- to learn about the strategies used to meet challenges directly from those managers.
The cost of the seminar, including airfare, lodging, and some meals, is included in the Executive MBA program cost. Past seminars have taken students to Beijing, Berlin, Lima, and New Delhi. Future destinations may include Asia, Europe, or Latin America.