Stephanie Cheng teaches the intermediate financial accounting course in the undergraduate program. She received her PhD in accounting from the University of Toronto and dual bachelor's degrees in psychology and economics from the University of Texas at Austin. Prior to doctoral studies, Cheng worked as a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) and taught case-based seminars at the CPA Ontario School of Accountancy in Canada.
Cheng's research interests include the roles of accounting and alternative information in capital markets, the reporting and disclosure incentives of local governments and corporations, and the geographical effects and emerging issues.
- ACCN 3100 - Intermediate Financial Accounting I
Education & Affiliations
- Ph.D. in Accounting, University of Toronto
- M.M.P.A. in Management and Accounting, University of Toronto
- B.A. in Economics, University of Texas at Austin
- B.S. in Psychology, University of Texas at Austin