Stephanie Cheng teaches the intermediate financial accounting course in the undergraduate program. She received her PhD in accounting from the University of Toronto and dual bachelor’s degrees in psychology and economics from the University of Texas at Austin. Her research interests include the roles of other information (from alternative sources) in capital markets, capital market regulations and auditing, with an emphasis on the emerging issues in the credit markets. Her PhD dissertation examines externalities of firms’ financial information in the secondary state-bond market. Prior to her doctoral studies. Cheng worked as a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) and taught case-based seminars at the CPA Ontario School of Accountancy in Canada.
- ACCN 3100 - Intermediate Financial Accounting I
Education & Affiliations
- Ph.D. in Accounting, University of Toronto
- M.M.P.A. in Management and Accounting, University of Toronto
- B.A. in Economics, University of Texas at Austin
- B.S. in Psychology, University of Texas at Austin