Oleg conducts research on financial intermediaries with a primary focus on Private Equity and Hedge funds. His papers has been accepted for publications at the Journal of Financial Economics, the Review of Finance, and mentioned in NBER Digest, Wall Street Journal, Private Equity Findings, and London Business School Roundtable on Private Equity fundraising and Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation. He also has presented at the major academic conferences such as the annual meetings of American Finance Association, Financial Intermediation Research Society, and Financial Management Association. Oleg teaches Venture Capital and Private Equity to graduate and undergraduate students. Prior to pursuing graduate studies he worked for six year in investment banking and portfolio management in Russia.
- Venture Capital and Private Equity
- Do Private Equity Funds Manipulate Reported Returns? (with Greg Brown and Steve Kaplan) , Journal of Financial Economics, 132 (2), 2019
- Governance under the Gun: Spillover Effects of Hedge Fund Activism (with Nick Gantchev and Pab Jotikasthira), Review of Finance, 23 (6), 2019
- Do Private Equity Managers Have Superior Information on Public Markets?
Education & Affiliations
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill: PhD, MBA
- Research Fellow, Private Equity Research Consortium