Professor Robert Prilmeier is a strong representative of Freeman’s international interests. His research focuses on corporate finance, debt contracting, and financial intermediation, and has been accepted for publication in the Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, and Review of Financial Studies.
Professor Prilmeier has a professional background as a consultant in Germany, speaks four languages, and has presented his work at schools and conferences worldwide.
- Professor Prilmeier teaches Advanced Financial Management.
Professor Prilmeier published his paper, “Why do loans contain covenants? Evidence from lending relationships” in the highly regarded Journal of Financial Economics.
By presenting at leading conferences and giving seminars at universities around the world, Professor Prilmeier has furthered thinking in his field.
Professor Prilmeier first became interested in his field while reading business and financial news during the Asian financial crisis of 1998. His interest in finance continues to extend beyond borders, demonstrated through his work as a consultant in Germany, his membership in both the American and European Finance Associations, and his mastery of four languages: German, English, French, and Mandarin Chinese.
Education & Affiliations
- Fisher College of Business, The Ohio State University, Ph.D. in Finance
- European Business School, Diplom (M.Sc. equivalent) in Business Administration
- Tsinghua University, Intensive Mandarin Chinese Immersion Program
- Singapore Management University, Singapore Exchange Student in Business Administration
- Bordeaux Business School, France Exchange Student in Business Administration
- American Finance Association
- European Finance Association
Spending time with his family.