Doctoral Student Admission Process
Doctoral students admitted into the Finance & Financial Accounting Concentration of the Freeman School Ph.D. Program will be admitted every other year (odd years) in order to synchronize the program with the Economic Analysis and Policy Doctoral Program offered by the Economics Department.
- Ph.D. 2019 Application (coming fall 2018)
- Application Deadline: TBD
- All completed applications will be reviewed after February 1, 2019
- Final admission decisions will be made in April 2019
- Two Letters of Recommendation (submitted online from faculty members that address an applicant's research and teaching potential)
- Personal interviews are required for all final candidates for admission. Selected candidates will be contacted early in the spring semester for an interview appointment.
- Preparation in business, economics, mathematics, and statistics are highly desirable. If a student is judged to have the aptitude and ability and does not have the necessary preparation, then successful completion of the calculus sequence (through multivariate at a minimum), linear algebra, and probability and statistics are required before matriculation.
In addition international students are required to submit a course by course transcript evaluation if educated outside of the United States.