Doctoral Student Admission Process
Doctoral students admitted into the Finance & Financial Accounting Concentration of the Freeman School PhD Program will be admitted every other year (odd years) in order to synchronize the program with the Economic Analysis and Policy Doctoral Program offered by the Economics Department.
- PhD 2019 Application
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2019
- All completed applications will be reviewed after February 1, 2019
- Final admission decisions will be made in April 2019
- Online Application Form ($125 application fee)
- Resume (uploaded online)
- Three Essays (uploaded online)
- Why Tulane? [500-700 words]
- Why a PhD? [500-700 words]
- Do you have "grit"? [500-700 words]
- Two Letters of Recommendation (submitted online from faculty members that address an applicant's research and teaching potential)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (transcripts uploaded online)
- GMAT Score Report or GRE Score Report (uploaded online)
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE Score Report (uploaded online)
- A TOEFL of 100 or higher and a GMAT score in the 90th percentile or higher is desired, but there may be exceptions to this if a candidate is exceptionally strong on other dimensions.
- Personal interviews are required for all final candidates for admission. Selected candidates will be contacted early in the spring semester for an interview appointment.
- Preparation in business, economics, mathematics, and statistics are highly desirable. If a student is judged to have the aptitude and ability and does not have the necessary preparation, then successful completion of the calculus sequence (through multivariate at a minimum), linear algebra, and probability and statistics are required before matriculation.
In addition, international students are required to submit a course by course transcript evaluation if educated outside of the United States.
Our preferred evaluators are:
- Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) - www.ece.org
- Educational Perspective- www.edperspective.org
- One Earth Evaluators- www.oneearthevaluations.org
- World Education Service (WES) - www.wes.org
- SpanTran - www.spantran.com