The Freeman School’s Joint BSM-MACCT program allows you to graduate in five years with two degrees: a BSM in the major of your choice (Finance, Legal Studies, Management or Marketing) and a Master of Accounting degree. In this program, you will complete 122 undergraduate credit hours for the BSM degree and an additional 30 graduate credit hours for the master’s degree.
30 Hours of Classes
In addition to your undergraduate requirements, you will take 30 credit hours of graduate coursework. There are five required courses, and you can select five elective courses from a broad list of options. Learn more.
Make It Your Own
You can tailor your education to your interests through specializations. You can choose from seven areas – like analytics or structured finance – to reach your personal and professional goals. No specialization is required.
In the spring of your junior year, you may opt to complete a “busy season” internship to get on-the-ground training during tax season. You will work full-time with a public accounting firm and can earn 3 graduate credits.
Learn more about the curriculum and course requirements for the BSM/MACCT
You will work closely with the faculty advisor to develop a custom program plan to meet your personal and professional goals. You can take advantage of several opportunities found only at Freeman:
- Preparing to take the CPA exam in the state of your choosing is strongly encouraged. The faculty advisor will help select courses to fulfill state-specific requirements.
- Adding an area of specialization (e.g. Analytics, Energy, Entrepreneurship, Risk Management, Strategic and Innovation Management, Structured Finance, or Taxation) allows you to tailor your education to your interests.
- Completing a “busy season” internship gives you on-the-ground training and often leads to future opportunities.
Freeman's accounting faculty includes renowned researchers and experienced practitioners so that you know the theory and its real-world application.
In the BSM/MACCT program, you have the option to complete a full-time internship with a public accounting firm, either during the spring semester (“the busy season internship”) or over the summer. Students earn 3 graduate credit hours for the internship after submitting related academic requirements.
- The busy season internship (ACCN 7550) is a full-time internship during the spring semester with an international or regional public accounting firm.
- The corporate accounting internship (ACCN 7560) is full-time, for a minimum of 10 weeks, generally completed during the summer.
Learn more about internship options.
Freeman's dedicated Career Management Center offers comprehensive services to help you manage your professional development throughout your career.
With a 30-year reputation for excellence in accounting, we have strong recruiting relationships with the Big Four and other leading employers. Our distinguished community of alumni, which includes Certified Professional Accountants, financial analysts and other finance professionals, stretches from Beijing and Shanghai to New York and Miami – and beyond. These are just a few of the companies where you’ll find our graduates: