Master of Business Analytics Curriculum
In designing our coursework for Tulane's Master of Business Analytics, our faculty leveraged connections with industry partners to create an innovative, experiential curriculum that responds to market demands.
- Classes offer deep dives on an extensive number of topics including database management, machine learning (unsupervised and supervised learning), predictive analytics, prescriptive analytics, data visualization, Excel VBA, cloud computing and deep learning.
- Students learn the skills employers need: Visualization and Dashboard through Tableau, Data Exploration through SQL, Predictive Modeling (R) and Deep Learning (Python).
- Our specializations take advantage of exceptional faculty across Freeman and allow students to work toward specific career goals.
- Project-based courses offer the hands-on experience needed to transition easily to industry.
Fall Semester 2020
- MGSC 7000: Business Analysis Practicum
- MGSC 7100: SQL Database Fundamentals and Business Intelligence
- MGSC 7330: Business Statistics and Modeling with R
- MGSC 7310: Modeling and Analytics
- MGSC 7340: Web Analytics
Spring Semester 2021
- MGSC 7320: Advanced Spreadsheet Modeling
- MGSC 7520: Advanced Modeling and Analytics
- MGSC 7530: Advanced Data Management
Analytics electives span a broad range of subjects including accounting, finance, marketing, operations and organizational behavior, allowing students to customize the program to meet their specific career objectives:
- Accounting Analytics
- Advanced Energy Trading and Finance
- Econometrics and Forecasting
- Energy Fundamentals and Trading
- Financial Modeling
- Marketing Research and Analytics
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Organizational Research Methods and Analytics
- Social Media and Online Marketing
- Approved Graduate Electives
Students can elect to take other approved graduate electives offered in several functional and industry areas in order to customize their experience.
Master of Business Analytics Specializations
In addition to gaining mastery of the skills needed to enter the in-demand field of analytics, the MANA program offers the opportunity to choose an area of specialization. Through electives offered by faculty in disciplines including accounting, energy, finance, management and marketing, students can choose to create a MANA program that meets their more specific academic and career goals.