Joint Baccalaureate/MBA Program
Earn Two Degrees in Five Years
The Freeman School of Business at Tulane University offers eligible undergraduate students early admission to the full-time MBA program. This program enables students to receive the BA/BS and the MBA in five years.
Qualified undergraduates of Newcomb Tulane College may apply for admission to the MBA program during the junior year. Students must be on track to fulfill all requirements for their undergraduate degree by the end of their third year.
If admitted, students enroll as full-time business students during what would otherwise be the senior year. At the successful conclusion of that year, the BA or BS is awarded. After one more year of full-time study in the business school, the MBA is awarded.
Students will be considered NTC undergraduates in their first year of business school for financial aid purposes; if you receive financial aid, your financial aid awards can be used towards your first year of MBA courses. It is your responsibility to make sure you meet the deadlines for any necessary financial aid applications set by the Office of Financial Aid. During the fifth year, students will be considered graduate students at the Freeman School.
Eligibility Requirements and How to Apply
Meet with your advisor to discuss your interest and eligibility as soon as possible to ensure you will complete your core and your major requirements by the end of May prior to the August in which you seek to enroll at the business school.
Your first-year business courses can only count towards the total credit count necessary to graduate from Tulane--not towards your core curriculum, major or distribution requirements.
- Be registered for your sixth semester of course work (typically, spring of your junior year), during which you will earn the minimum 90 hours required to apply.
- You must not have earned more than 104 hours of Tulane or Tulane accepted transfer credits prior to starting business school.
- Complete and return the eligibility form provided by your advisor. The form requires the following approvals:
- The signature of your major advisor certifying that you will have completed all of your major requirements by the end of your junior year.
- The signature of your academic advisor certifying that you will have completed all of your core requirements prior to business school enrollment.
- Apply to the full-time MBA program at the Freeman School. Learn about MBA admissions.
- GMAT/GRE waivers may be available to qualified candidates, but test scores are required for consideration for full tuition fellowships.