The Lepage Center Student Incubator is a place for students to develop their ideas while providing the tools and resources required to start a venture. Students in the incubator participate in Spark Hours and have access to Innovators-in-Residence and pro-bono legal services. Any students interested in becoming part of the Student Incubator should contact Timekia Mallery.
Spark Hours are sessions where students can work on new ideas in an individual or group setting. During Spark Hours, students get peer-to-peer help with their ventures from Lepage Student Fellows, allowing students at the beginning stage of their startup to develop their ideas and to work on the company’s Business Model Canvas. These scheduled hours also provide the opportunity for students to engage with professionals through occasional Roundtable Discussion events, workshops, and Spark Hour Group Jam Sessions.
2020-2021 Student Incubator Companies
- Creatives Solution - Platform that links artists and Real Estate owners in order to create popup galleries.
- CarBe - Allows users to unlock and start their car with their smartphone and allows users to share access on a mobile platform.
- Clementine - Online event planning platform streamlining planning process for small to medium sized events.
- Cutmo - Online platform to help connect customers to stylists in the most efficient way possible and help stylists find new customers looking for a great service.
- Daddy Merch - Encourages people no matter what gender to represent their “inner Daddy or Papi” by providing high-quality sustainable campus apparel for all students, parents, alums and campus athletes.
- Dandelion - Gamification platform to teach young people about personal finance.
- Fuel Our Heroes - Support the heroes on the frontline fighting COVID-19 by raising money for the ones who need it most. Contributions go towards personal protective equipment (PPE), ventilators, groceries, gas cards, childcare, and housing for the medical professionals risking their lives for our safety.
- Greedient - Browser extension that helps identify products that have food allergens for Uber Eats and Postmates etc.
- Fala -Dating-like matching app to assist in language learning.
- MajorDōmois - Co-living community that allows young-professionals and aspiring entrepreneurs to reclaim their time. The tenants will enjoy the company of talented and creative minds right in their own home and the shared spaces of the community will facilitate “cross-pollination”.
- Memoryz - Scalable solution that improves quality of life, preserves relationships and creates impact across a multitude of disease profiles. It provides support for caregivers and care receivers by addressing their unique requirements in an integrated system.
- No-Dium - Seeks to give consumers ultimate freedom in food choice by using a patent pending sodium removal technology, in the form of both a post-consumption pharmaceutical and pre-consumption food solution.
- Rize - Provides students with remote, productive, hands-on, short-term, and goal-oriented work experiences anytime, anywhere. Rize provides companies with the opportunity to explore a diverse talent pool by redesigning the interactions between businesses and students.
- Sexy Cakes - Cooks and delivers quality, affordable and delicious breakfast food. Catered towards the convenience of students, Sexy Cakes offers well priced meals through both a user friendly shopify website and via Venmo and can efficiently deliver to any campus dorm within 30 minutes.
- Speedie Bean - Cold-brew coffee delivery startup. Brews and delivers quart and half gallon bottles of coffee to students on or off campus.
- Seat Seeker - Sensors that helps people find open study spaces at schools or libraries.
- U-Lend - Umbrella rental dispenser service that will be placed around campus.
- Vocatix - Software application that could revolutionize music creation by providing an innovative platform for artists and producers to collaborate and interact with live audiences.
- Film Rebel - An online media distribution and viewing platform, directed towards development of independent filmmaking. Film Rebel fulfills a niche recently lost by YouTube, which fails to promote and sustain struggling filmmakers on their platform.
- Red Rover - Robot Vending Machine that can be located using an App.
- Beulr - An online meeting attender. The first ever tool of its type, Beulr allows users to be in two places at once.
- D.Verse - Elevates creative expression that’s different and versatile. The company emerged with the inspiration to create the uncreated. D.VERSE is the manifestation of imagination, a home to provide creators the tools, environment and foundation to influence culture.
- Founder - An app looking to connect student startups/projects/clubs to student talent.
- Spirit Fruit - Ready to drink beverage made with premium vodka, real fruit, and simple soda water and has no added sugar.