The Lepage Center Student Incubator is a place for students to develop their ideas while providing the tools and resources required to start a venture. Students in the incubator participate in Spark Hours and have access to Innovators-in-Residence and pro-bono legal services. Any students interested in becoming part of the Student Incubator should contact Timekia Mallery.
Spark Hours are sessions where students can work on new ideas in an individual or group setting and to connect with other startups on campus. During Spark Hours, students get peer-to-peer help with their ventures from Lepage Student Fellows, allowing students at the beginning stage of their startup to develop their ideas and to work on the company’s Business Model Canvas. These scheduled hours also provide the opportunity for students to engage with mentors and other professionals. Spark Hours hosts guest mentors, workshops, roundtable discussions and group meetup sessions. for student to connect with other startups on campus.
Pitch Friday Series
Pitch Friday Series is an excellent opportunity for student startups to pitch their ventures to a panel of judges and receive valuable feedback to incorporate into their ventures. This competition continues to motivate many student startups in the beginning phases to push their ideas to the next level. Pitch Friday series competition is open to all Tulane students across campus, and it helps cultivate the entrepreneurial spirit in students. In addition to valuable feedback on their pitch, the winner from each of the competitions in the series wins a cash prize and a spot in the Grand Prize Round in April.
Mentor Office Hours
Meet with one of our accomplished and knowledgeable Innovators-in-Residence, mentors, entrepreneurs and professionals who can help guide you through your entrepreneurial journey.
Legal Office Hours
Get guidance on the legal needs associated with your startup through legal office hours.
2022-2023 Student Incubator Companies
- AK Vending, LLC - puts disposable, single-use phone chargers in bars and festivals. The main target is music festivals.
- Brewsy - a winemaking kit that allows you to turn any juice into wine in five days.
- Bubl - Offers a quick and easy solution to connect students and landlords to facilitate a no-hassle off-campus housing search experience. With this platform tenants will be able to easily find roommates and landlords that meet their needs.
- CarBe - allows users to unlock and start their car with their smartphone and share access on a mobile platform.
- Ceres - cereal is 100% plant-based and contains NO ingredients grown with GMOS. It contains all natural ingredients and is naturally grown which makes Ceres sustainable for humans and the planet.
- Green Disco - a public benefit corporation that provides events and artists the tools and resources to help them become environmentally friendly. They partner with organizers to implement eco-friendly initiatives that engage their fan base at the point of purchase, on-site, and beyond the event site.
- Heaven n’ Heels - Is a modular shoe that converts from a flat to a high heel to ensure comfort for busy women on the go. The product allows is built around staying functional and fashionable. Heaven ‘n Heels have created a mechanism that allows one to easily press down a lever and pull off their high heel and slip on a flat.
- Memoryz - is redefining family-focused dementia care through task reminders, mood support and a caregiver network built with anecdotal support messages.
- Residency Ready - takes the oversupply of medical graduates, educate them in ways to obtain the necessary training and licensure to become surgical assistants, and outsource their talent to hospitals and surgical groups.
- Salon22 - is a membership-based professional women’s club and idea hub connecting leaders and changemakers. Members will enjoy a stunning, thoughtfully designed space for coworking, networking, nurturing and growing, along with events like speakers, coaching, evenings with politicians and more. Salon22 provides women with the resources and socially-conscious community needed to create real change.
- Sexy Cakes - cooks and delivers quality, affordable and delicious breakfast food. Catered towards the convenience of students, Sexy Cakes offers well-priced meals through both a user-friendly Shopify website and via Venmo, can efficiently deliver to any campus dorm within 30 minutes, and directly communicates with customers through Instagram and text.
- Shot Pops - are lollipops that replace the need for a chaser when drinking alcohol. It is a great solution for younger audiences who are of drinking age and a fun novelty item.
- Simple Cars - is an online platform that connects new car buyers who are looking to build out a custom vehicle with dealers who are able to provide that build at the lowest cost. We also finance the sale of new vehicles and sell the collection of debt to larger banks for profit.
- TeacHer - is a series of women's skills seminars designed to teach young women skills from typically male-dominated fields. These fields range from more hands-on jobs, such as auto repair, electrical and carpentry, to jobs like business management, finance and law.
- Tether – is an all-in-one affordable college admissions platform that connects current high school applicants to admitted students at universities of interest, and with other filters such as major, athletics, etc.
- Vize - provides these resources alongside an immersive social media experience, helping students, parents, counselors, and college representatives. The Vize approach makes every application stand out.