Forge Your Future
At the Freeman School, we empower our students to embrace real-world challenges. We dare students to think strategically and venture beyond business as usual.
Whether you have recently chosen your major as an undergrad or you are on the way to earning your graduate degree, the Career Management Center gives you the skills you will use – over and over again – throughout your professional life.
Here, we offer expert, hands-on guidance to prepare you for a successful transition into the workplace and well into the future.
Through one-on-one career advising, resume reviews, mock interviews and a host of other services, we give you the skills you will use throughout your professional life.
The Career Management Center is a hub of connectivity for students, alumni and employers. In Tulane tradition, we aim to provide exceptional service to everyone who walks through our doors
Our mission is to give our students the lifelong skills they need to thrive in an ever-changing job market, to form meaningful partnerships with employers and connect them with our remarkable student talent, and to deliver world-class service to students, alumni, and employers
Start Your Journey
We will use a variety of tools to guide you through the critical first step in the career planning process: A thorough evaluation of your interests, skills, values and personality. Learn More
Practice interviews with our expert career consultants so you will be primed and ready to present yourself and showcase your skills.
It is estimated that nearly 80% of positions are filled without employer advertising. Take advantage of numerous networking opportunities.
We will help you craft a resume that highlights your skills and competencies in a concise way – and gets you the interview.
Gain practical knowledge and stand out from the competition with an unpaid internship. You may also receive university credit. Learn More
Join one of our year-round workshops where you will meet other students, interact with advisors and continue your development.
Attend one of several career fairs throughout the year. We will help you prepare ahead of time so you will stand out to employers.
Career consultants are available to meet with all students, even if you haven't chosen your major. We will help you prepare for a successful transition into the workplace.
Handshake offers a variety of tools to help you on your professional journey.
- Internship, part-time and full-time job search
- Career advising appointment sign up
- Career exploration resources
- Career workshops
- Employer events, sessions and tables
- Interview room reservations
- Resume reviews
- Interview scheduling
- Optimized mobile experience
Tips for Getting Started with Handshake
- Log in to Handshake. Use your Tulane ID and password and log in to the Handshake Portal.
- Fill out your profile. Some of your information will already be in your Handshake profile. Check to be sure all information is correct and fill out the remainder. Take the career interests survey to optimize your job search.
- Upload a document. You will want to have a public resume available in Handshake for employers to see.
- Follow jobs and employers you are interested in. When you follow an employer or a job, you will automatically start receiving information about the company or job so you will not miss out on updates or new opportunities.
Our comprehensive career management services mean that you’ll be career-ready, with the problem-solving skills and agility to adapt to any work environment. Take a look at some of our top employers.