Rakesh Mallipeddi is an Assistant Professor in the A.B. Freeman School of Business at the Tulane University. He joins the Freeman School from Texas A&M University, where he earned his Ph.D. in business administration with a concentration in information and operations management.
Rakesh's research interests include business analytics, data-driven modeling, social media analytics, technology management, and reputational risks. His research has been accepted for publication at Management Science and Information Systems Research. He presented his research at the Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems, Workshop of Information Systems and Economics, Conference on Information Systems and Technologies, and Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS), the Production and Operations Management Society (POMS), and the Decision Sciences Institute (DSI) annual conferences.
Rakesh serves on the editorial review boards at the Production and Operations Management and Decision Science Journal. He was a track chair at POM 2018, DSI 2018, and DSI 2020 conferences. Additionally, he is the Social Media editor for POMS.
Prior to his doctoral studies, Rakesh managed the operations of manufacturing companies in the U.S. and India. He holds a master’s degree in industrial and systems engineering from Oakland University and a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Ohio State University.
- MGSC 3010: Business Analytics (Undergraduate)
- MGSC 7000: Business Analytics Practicum (Graduate, Masters in Business Analytics program)
- Mallipeddi, R., Janakiraman, R., Kumar, S., Gupta, S. “The Effects of Social Media Content Created by Human Brands on Engagement: Evidence from Indian General Election 2014” (Information Systems Research, Forthcoming)
- Mallipeddi, R., Kumar, S., Sriskandarajah, C., Zhu, Y. “A Framework for Analyzing Influencer Marketing in Social Networks: Selection and Scheduling of Influencers” (Management Science, Forthcoming)
Education & Affiliations
- Ph.D., Business Administration – Texas A&M University, 2019
- M.S., Industrial and Systems Engineering – Oakland University, 2008
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering – The Ohio State University, 2005